For me that would be post-Crisis/pre52 for the actually really stupid reason that it is the one I grew up with...

However I would like to talk about continuities a bit.
I know for a fact that many, many then-fans of DC Comics were outraged at the Crisis of Infinite Earths wiping out the Multiverse and not everything after that was necessarily that well received. What happened however is that upon that new foundation many stories have been told and a new imaginary world has been build. It was evidently a trial and error process and much paper and ink has been wasted, yet the result was varied and entertaining world where so many different tastes and ideas have been covered. If you desire romance, there is romance. If your heart pounds for action, there is action. If you long for new sights and strange new lands, yes there are those too. And if you want plain good old fun, yes so much, there is that too.
An established medium is weird like that.

It does not actually matter what continuity you prefer, because I have the slight feeling that it is not the that steam of stories as a whole that you prefer but certain elements of it and what actually upsets so many here (me included, I admit) is that the parts that changed are the one's you liked. (to make a pre 52 comparison, I liked Kyle Raynor, but many then GL fans hated him) But not everything, is bad. For example, I love Earth Two even if it weird to see Jay Garrick as a young man, yet I like that this Jay Garrick is an actual (if relatively young) adult and his mother is alive and an actual character, rather than a stereotype or footnote. Sad only is that the veteran Jay Garrick, the Golden Age Hero, the original Flash, the man that inspired Barry to use his new powers for Good, the man Wally and Bart could go ask for advise and solid help, the man who still tries to make the world a better place despite being the same age as my grandfather, is no more and his achievements undone.

(O,o that example got longer than I thought)

Back to topic, the point is (if there is one) that it never was a problem of continuity, but a problem of marketing and public relations. Good stuff has a tendency to sell if it reaches the public. The larger problem however is in management, as in, if management is made of people whose focus lies solely on finances and little to none in the actual material they are trying to sell, they will not (or more accurately) cannot muster the dedication to properly analyze the actual genre and make calculated estimations of its direction. If you don't care about something, you will at best know the stereotypes and (sadly) act accordingly.

To get to a meaningful conclusion, arrogant as I am by the quality of my intellect and education, my mass of personal experience and the safety behind my computer screen I like to think that the original question is not the right question. It does not matter which continuity you like more. What matters is that you do what you always did, buy the comics you like and let your money do the work for in business ultimately only money speaks power or has truth.

PS: This got waaaaaaaaaay longer than I anticipated, after proofreading it I am actually afraid my post sounds sanctimonious, preachy or pretentious. I wrote what I felt would add something to the discussion rather than just fuel people's personal grudges. I always assume that people here have the potential of reasonable thinking and learning and will always try to express myself accurately. If someone is not certain he/she didn't understand well, feel free to ask. It does not mean that you are stupid or uneducated, but rather that I explained myself badly or that my ideas are not developed enough to be understood by everyone. That I lack the skills to say what I want to say.

PPS: Feel free to disagree on any or all, I am cool with that and I actually would like more food for thought.